The City of Eden is now accepting applications through July 31 for the 2019 Citizens Academy. The Academy will be held consecutive Thursdays from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., beginning August 15 and running through October 10. A graduation ceremony will be held October 15 at 6 p.m. at the Eden City Council meeting.
The Citizens Academy is a free, nine-session interactive course designed to provide residents with an in-depth look into municipal government as well as information about the services and programs of the City of Eden. It is open to all community members 18 years old or older who are city residents or who live in the city's extraterritorial jurisdiction or work or own a business or property in the City of Eden. Class size is limited to 20 participants. A meal is provided at each session.
This is an exciting opportunity for residents to increase their knowledge about the workings of local government.
- Learn about city government operations and services
- Participate in dialogues with city leaders, staff and other civic-minded residents
- See taxpayers’ investments at work
- Expand their knowledge and become more informed on current and proposed projects within the city
- Gain appreciation for the city’s resources and capacity to meet the needs of the community
- Learn about opportunities to become more involved and help build a sustainable community
- Receive first-hand information and have the chance to ask questions on any topic at the end of the session
- Tour various city facilities
Applications are available in Administration at City Hall or apply online here.
For more information, please contact City Clerk Deanna Hunt at 623-2110, option 8, or email email@example.com.