- Feature Links
- About Eco Dev Staff
About Our Staff
- Michael G. Dougherty
Director of Economic Development
Phone: 336-612-8039 or 336-623-7789 ext 3046
- Email: Mike Dougherty
Mike Dougherty started in Eden as Business Development Director in 2002 after spending a 24 year career in sales, sales management, public relations, marketing, television and free-lance writing. Fifteen of those years were spent as a regional sales director for a Fortune 500 Food Manufacturer with responsibilities over customers and personnel in seven southeastern and mid-Atlantic states. He has a Bachelor of Science degree from Central Michigan University, completed the Basics of Economic Development course at the UNC School of Government, and participated in both the Triad Leadership and Leadership Rockingham programs. He also completed the Dale Carnegie Course on Effective Speaking and Human Relations. He has a permanent seat on the Eden Chamber of Commerce Board and serves on other Rockingham County Boards.
Cindy Adams, Coordinator of Tourism & Special Events
Phone: 336-612-8049 - Email
- Attended Rockingham Community College
- Graduate of Institute of Organizational Management – University of Georgia
- Leadership Rockingham Graduate
- Cindy is a hometown girl who came to the City of Eden with 18 years’ experience from the Eden Chamber of Commerce where she initiated events such as the Business Expo, Temptations in the Garden, the Rubber Duck Regatta and the Spellin’ Bee. The Chamber served as the welcome center for Eden visitors. Since coming to the City of Eden in 2008, Cindy has worked to enhance RiverFest, continued the Piedmont Pottery Festival, and initiated Oink & Ale, Touch-A-Truck, Movies Under the Stars and Grown & Gathered, and she jointly started Shaggin’ on Fieldcrest. Some of the special projects Cindy has worked on include new gateway signs, the John E. Grogan Park, Eden’s Quilt Square for the Rockingham County Quilt Trail, the Eden Rivers & Trails Group and Eden’s 50th Anniversary Celebration.
- Additional Tourism Information
Randy Hunt, Main Street Manager
Email: Randy Hunt
Randy was hired as Eden's Main Street Manager in July of 2017. Prior to working for the city, he was employed in Human Resources with Unifi, Subway Restaurants of Rockingham County, Aaron's Rentals, Boss Motors, and Virginia Finance. Immediately preceding his work with the City of Eden, Randy was President of the Eden Chamber of Commerce. During his tenure there, he recruited more than 100 new Chamber members. Randy was the 2016 Eden Main Street Champion for his tireless efforts in the downtown, including saving a downtown building from demolition, initiating the I Love Eden Art Wall and countless volunteer hours at special events.