Piedmont Triad International Airport
About Piedmont Triad International Airport (PTIA)
The airport is part of a 4,000-acre campus that is home to more than 50 companies that infuse an estimated $1 billion into the local community annually. More than 4,000 people work on the campus. PTI is owned and operated by the Piedmont Triad Airport Authority. No local tax dollars are used to operate the airport.
- Central location and state-of-the-art facilities make PTIA a catalyst for commercial and industrial development.
- More than 4,000-acre campus is home to 50 companies that employ more than 4,000 people with an economic impact of more than $1 billion annually.
- Easy access to I-40, I-85 and the future I-73 and I-74
- Within a half day trucking to deep-water ports in Wilmington, NC; Morehead City, NC; Charleston, SC and Norfolk, VA
- Variety of airlines serving PTIA provide frequent direct and connecting flights to the nation's top business destinations at competitive fares.
Easier Air Travel Tips
- The Piedmont Triad Airport Authority suggests air travelers
- consider the following tips for easier air travel:
- Pack smart. Carry medicine, jewelry, cameras and valuables on-board the aircraft.
- Keep carry-on baggage to a minimum. You are allowed one carry-on bag and one personal item such as a purse, briefcase, diaper bag or laptop computer bag. All must fit underneath the seat or in overhead bins.
- Do not travel with wrapped gifts. Wrapped gifts may be unwrapped during security screenings.
- Arrive at least 90 minutes before departure. Be prepared for heavy traffic on interstate 40 and 85 in route to the airport. Allow a little extra time for parking in overflow lots which will also be served by PTIA's free shuttle service to the terminal.
- Refer to the TSA website for information on prohibited items.
- Tag your baggage inside and out. Include name, home address and telephone number.
- Leave baggage unlocked. It may be inspected during security screenings.
- Have ID ready at all times. Travelers 18 and older are required to show an unexpired government-issued photo ID, such as a valid driver's license, a passport or military ID.
- Boarding pass or airline e-ticket is required to go through security screening. If you are assisting a passenger with disabilities or a child traveling alone, please check with the airline on which they are traveling
- Baggage Check-In. Check baggage no more than four hours prior to departure time and no fewer than thirty minutes prior to departure.
Located at the center of North Carolina and midpoint on the East Coast. Strategically positioned at the hub of the dynamic Piedmont Triad region, situated between the cities of Greensboro, Winston-Salem and High Point where I-40, I-85 and the future I-73 and I-74 converge. More than 4.5 million people live within a 90 minute drive of PTIA.