About the program:The City of Eden Citizens Academy is open to all community members 18 years old or older who are city residents or who live in the city's extraterritorial jurisdiction or work or own a business or property in the City of Eden. Class size is limited to 15 participants on a first-come basis.
While attending , participants will
- Learn about city government operations and services
- Participate in dialogues with city leaders, city staff and other civic-minded residents
- See taxpayers' investments at work
- Expand their knowledge and become more informed on current and proposed projects within the city
- Gain appreciation for the city's resources and capacity to meet the needs of the community
- Learn about opportunities to become more involved and help build a sustainable community
- Receive first-hand information and have the chance to ask questions on any topic at the end of each session.
If you wish to learn more about the City of Eden's Citizens Academy, please contact City Clerk Deanna Hunt at 336-623-2110, option 8, or email.