Development Resources

Establishing a Restaurant

The following are rules for opening a restaurant or food service establishment.

Before you lease or purchase a building:

  • Contact the Rockingham County Department of Environmental Health at 336-342-8180 and ask to speak to one of their Environmental Health Inspectors to explain your plans to open up an establishment.
  • Visit the State of North Carolina Environmental Health site and review 2600 Rules Governing the Sanitation of Food Service Establishments.