The City Manager's office conducts the overall administration of the City as prescribed by North Carolina General Statutes; coordinates all activities and carries out all policies and actions of the Eden City Council.
Stephen (Brad)ley Corcoran, ICMA-CM
International City/County Management Association Credentialed Manager Since April 2011.
Brad has over thirty-one years of full-time experience in the field of municipal management. After spending the first 15 years of his career working in Virginia he was appointed City Manager by the City Council and has been serving in that capacity since February 5, 2001. Brad married his college sweetheart “Cindy” in 1984 and they are the proud parents of three children: Stephen, Rachel and Candice. Something you may not know about Brad? During college Brad played collegiate tennis at the NAIA level for the Concord College Mountain Lions in the West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WVIAC) where he started all four years and was the number 1 ranked player and team captain during his senior year. In addition, he served as the Public Defender in the Student Court System and member of the Student Government Board of Directors for three years, was President of Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity for two years and served one year as the Student Representative to the Concord College Board of Advisors. Brad is the oldest of eight children. His parents, one brother and two sisters still live in Martinsville, Virginia where Brad started his municipal government work experience as an Intern/Research Assistant in the City Manager’s office for former City Manager, Don Edmonds during the summer of 1982.
Municipal Government Work Experience:
- City Manager – Eden, North Carolina: 2001-Current
- Town Manager – New Market, Virginia: 1993 – 2001
- Town Manager – Vinton, Virginia: 1990 – 1993
- Assistant Town Manager/Planner – Wytheville, Virginia: 1987 – 1990
- Town Manager – Narrows, Virginia: 1986 – 1987
- Intern/Research Assistant, City Manager’s Office – Martinsville, Virginia: Summers 1982 – 1984
Community Involvement: Includes but is not limited to the following:
- Past Member of Morehead Memorial Hospital Foundation Board of Directors – 6 Years
- Past Member and President of New Market, Va. and Eden, NC. Rotary Clubs
- Past Assistant District Governor, Area 2, District 7570, Rotary International – 3 Years
- Recipient of District 7570 “Outstanding Club President” Award from the District Governor
- Recipient of District 7570 “Compass 2000” Award from the District Governor
- Past Assistant Troop Leader – Boy Scout Troop 567, Eden, NC.
- Past Volunteer for Football, Baseball and Softball Programs @ Holmes Middle School and Morehead High School – 15 Years
- Past Volunteer Coach @ Eden YMCA and Eden Parks & Recreation
- Paul Harris Fellow – Rotary International