Mebane Bridge Treatment Facility
- 13.5 MGD
- Receives Force Main flows from the Junction Pump Station, the Covenant Branch Pump Station, and the Industrial Park Pump Station.
- Influent flow is measured by a Parshall Flume.
- Septic Waste Receiving Pump Station located before the Parshall Flume.
- Two Mechanical Bar Screens with 1 inch clear openings.
- One chain and bucket type grit collector.
- Aeration System with two Positive displacement blowers.
- One collection hopper for Transport to Landfill.
- Two Aeration Basins with a 7 MG volume each.
- Each Basin will have: Twelve 20 HP brush aerators and three Solar powered floating mixers.
- Retention Time Approximately 24 hours at 13.5 MGD flow rate.
- Two flow splitter boxes to regulate flow to clarifiers.
- Two 90 Ft. diameter clarifiers; Siphon feed, Peripheral effluent, and suction type sludge collectors.
- Two 130 Ft. diameter clarifiers; Siphon feed, Peripheral effluent, and suction type sludge collectors.
- Wet well/Dry well recirculation station No. 1 with three 1550 GPM centrifugal pumps.
- Wet well/Dry well recirculation station No. 2 with three 3125 GPM centrifugal pumps.
- Two 800 GPM Submersible Waste Activated Sludge Pumps.
- Two V-notch 500 lb/day Automatic Chlorinator w/flow proportional controllers.
- Automatic Switchover with vacuum regulator.
- Dual Ton Cylinder Weight Scale.
- One V-notch 500 lb/day Manual Chlorinator.
- One flash mixing chamber with turbine type mixer for a 14,000 GPM chamber flow.
- Three 74,000 gallon baffled chlorine contact basins.
- Storage Tank for Polymer and associated feed pumps
- Storage Tank for Sodium Bisulfite and associated feed for Dechlorination
- Sodium Bisulfite is used for Dechlorination
- Located in common trough for all three chlorine contact basin effluents.
- One 2.3 MG Basin
- Four 20 HP brush aerators.
- Wet well/Dry well decant station.
- Two 300 GPM Centrifugal pumps.
- Decant pumps to the recirculation wetwell.
Wet Well/Dry Well Waste Sludge Pumping Station
- Two 150 GPM centrifugal pumps.
- Pumps sludge to Sludge Holding Lagoon or day tank at Dewatering Building.
Sludge Dewatering & Disposition
- One 2.0 meter Belt Filter Press rated at 2000 pounds/hour.
- One 50,000 gallon sludge storage tank.
- One covered, concrete 14,800 square feet dewatered sludge storage shelter.
- Two 2 MG Sludge Holding Lagoons (Currently unused)
- Five Sludge Drying Beds (Currently unused)
- One Gravity Decant Dewatering Line
- One Pump Assisted Gravity Decant Dewatering Line Decant water returns to recirculation wetwell
- Sludge is Land Applied by Contracted Company